Extreme Wrestling Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superstars 26/01/2012 In A Nut Shell

Go down

Superstars 26/01/2012 In A Nut Shell Empty Superstars 26/01/2012 In A Nut Shell

Post by Single H Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:10 am

The show this week, though it was just as long as every other one, felt shorter. I don't know why, it just felt very brief. The reason for this is that the matches flowed through really quickly, there was pretty much nothing in between. There was some pretty interesting stuff that I noticed though.

SUPERSTARS IN A NUT SHELL

First of all, here are the results from the show's matches

Jinder Mahal def. Tyson Kidd
Beth Phoenix def. Brie Bella
Kofi Kingston def. Michael McGillicutty

And now other stuff that happened during the show, or since it's Superstars, the matches. Now we all know that Superstars is strictly just matches, no storylines or feuds, just matches, so just like always this In A Nut Shell thread will be shorted than the others, but I'm really going to try and scrape the barrel to fill up the thread. First of all, I think they're turning Tyson Kidd face. Either that, or just testing him out as one, although they'd usually do that kind of thing in a dark match or a house show so I think this is gonna happen. They had him face Jinder Mahal and pander to the crowd a little, if you count high fiving them mid-match that is. This seems to just be a random change of persona, maybe to freshen Kidd up a bit? I don't know.

Yet another face turn, believe it or not. This one isn't as obvious but I think WWE are aiming to make Beth Phoenix into a face again. This week she was facing a heel character, evidence. She was also talked about by the commentators in a nice way, as in, they weren't saying the usual stuff like "Beth Phoenix just likes making the other diva's cry, it's jealousy." There was none of that, they didn't really talk about her at all, it was mostly just a Royal Rumble hype match. I look forward to seeing how they develop Beth as a face.

Superstars 26/01/2012 In A Nut Shell WomenChampionBethPhoenix_display_image

The Kofi/Michael match was nothing special, it was decent I guess but... Meh. Kofi was wearing a riddle outfit. (Yes, from Batman.) Well, it wasn't a complete Riddler outfit, but it was green trunks with question marks on them, and the cartoon of Kofi's face on the back had a purple mask and a green hat. I have no idea what the Riddler has to do with Kofi Kingston, but I guess... No... This is beyond analysing, work it out for yourselves, I sure as hell can't. Michael McGillicutty is still being used as a jobber, I guess as John Laurinaitis said "When you start performing like a Hennig, we'll call you a Hennig.

Single H
Single H
I'm on a horse
I'm on a horse

https://wrestlingempire.forumotion.net/c1-steed

Back to top Go down