Extreme Wrestling Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Rumble 2012 In A Nut Shell

Go down

Royal Rumble 2012 In A Nut Shell Empty Royal Rumble 2012 In A Nut Shell

Post by Single H Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:08 am

What happened at this PPV was seriously unexpected and personally, I didn't like it. But hey, some people do. The PPV itself was decent, and the main Royal Rumble match was as good as it ever is, but the ending... Eh, I'm not sure about it. Anyway, I know it's posted yet but FU, at least it's posted. Not that you'll need this, I'll bet you all watched the show anyway. Anyway, it's time for...

ROYAL RUMBLE IN A NUT SHELL

First of all, here are all the results from the show EXCEPT for the Royal Rumble match, I'll save that for later in order to be all climatic and everything...

World Heavyweight Championship: Triple Threat Steel Cage Match: Daniel Bryan (c) def. Big Show & Mark Henry by escaping the cage to retain.
8-Diva Tag Match: Beth Phoenix, Natalya, & The Bella Twins def. Kelly Kelly, Eve, Alicia Fox, & Tamina by Beth Phoenix pinning Kelly Kelly with the Glam Slam.
John Cena and Kane fight to a Double Count-Out.
Brodus Clay def. Drew McIntyre by pin following What The Funk.
WWE Championship: Special Referee- John Laurinaitis: CM Punk (c) def. Dolph Ziggler by pin following the GTS to retain.

And now for other stuff that happened. Now, Daniel Bryan retained the title pretty quickly going by the standards of usual World Heavyweight Championship matches, and it was sort of weird but I'm not complaining. At least he's still champ and that means there'll be no more Big Show vs Mark Henry championship matches, we can all agree they were bad.

Royal Rumble 2012 In A Nut Shell 20111218_tlc_wwecomexclusive_dbrian_c2_large

Kane won his match and went back after Zack Ryder who he brutally attacked again. I think Ryder must be planning some kind of year long vacation to the Bahamas or something because they're putting him out of action for a looooong time. John Cena came back out to try and save Ryder but ended up getting the crap kicked out of him as well. Good stuff. I say Kane won the match, he didn't officially, but it's safe to say he was the better man in the match so yeah.

^Best vid I could find lul^ (actually I was too lazy to find a better one)

John Laurinaitis was being all nice in Punk's match, he let an official referee call the match and helped count three when Punk got the pin, it was strange. I guess it's because John's job is on the line on Raw and he wants to look good. I know this because the commentators were shoving it down our throats.

Royal Rumble 2012 In A Nut Shell 300_2119299

The Royal Rumble had some cool moments, Santino and Mick Foley had a sock puppet battle with Mr. Socko and The Cobra locking up with each other. I guiltily laughed at this. WHAT?! IT WAS ENTERTAINING AND A LAUGH, KAY?! sheesh. I can take that kind of stuff, but Brodus Clay... No. Next time I try to make reference to Brodus Clay I'm gonna staple my nutsack to the ceiling.

There were some returns, the following people made either returns or special appearances, Kharma and The Great Khali came back, and we were graced with the presence of both Hacksaw Jim Duggan and The Road Dogg! Purdy cool, I was NOT expecting Road Dogg... That one shocked me. None of them stayed in the Rumble for very long though, especially not Duggan. Screw it, he's old, at least he still da bollz to get into a ring at his age.

And now the moment you've all been waiting for... The winner of the Rumble was...

Yup. Sheamus. I didn't see this one coming, I thought it was gonna be Jericho, and I wish it was... But hey, what are you gonna do. Thank god it wasn't Alberto Del Rio again. Sheamus better not fuck up at Wrestlemania although saying that, I don't find his matches at all entertaining so what was going to be the best Mania ever, just dropped down a peg or two. Nuff said.
Single H
Single H
I'm on a horse
I'm on a horse

https://wrestlingempire.forumotion.net/c1-steed

Back to top Go down