Extreme Wrestling Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smackdown 20/01/2012 In A Nut Shell

Go down

Smackdown 20/01/2012 In A Nut Shell Empty Smackdown 20/01/2012 In A Nut Shell

Post by Single H Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:20 pm

I got the feeling that this episode of Smackdown was some kind of joke. It's like the entire thing was a cheesy comedy show. The only real serious part of the entire show was the main event, and even that ended in a no contest. Meh, I liked the spin the wheel concept that they took from Raw Roulette but other that that this show was kind of bland. Some good matches though. Time to sum up...

SIN CITY SMACKDOWN IN A NUT SHELL

First of all here are the results from the matches on the show...

Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes def. Justin Gabriel (Player’s Choice Match)
WWE Tag Team Champions Epico & Primo def. The Usos (Tag Team Tornado Match)
Brodus Clay def. Vickie Guerrero (Dance Off)
Wade Barrett def. Sheamus (Tables Match)
Ted DiBiase def. Hunico (Flag Match)
Santino Marella def. Drew McIntyre (Blindfold Match)
World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan vs. Mark Henry (World Title Lumberjack Match) (No Contest)

And now for other stuff that happened during the show. Now as I said, I'm pretty sure this was supposed to be some kind of light hearted episode of Smackdown. A lot of it was just comedy skits and the corniest segments you could possible imagine. One of said segments was so bad I actually fast forwarded it, but I'll get to that in a minute. Cody Rhodes originally chose Hornswoggle as his opponent for the player's choice match, but after beating on the midget for a while, Justin Gabriel ran out to help him. I was really hoping to see Garbriel win this one. Cody and Justin put on a decent match but it was Rhodes that ended up winning, oh well.

Now for the part I skipped. Vickie Guerrero vs Brodus Clay. As if that wasn't bad enough already, it was a dance off match. What more can I say? That just sums this whole episode up. I can't really explain what happened as I was watching it at 32x the speed of other viewers but from what I saw, Brodus won and then William Regal came out to dance too. Not good.

Drew Mcintyre has been fired. At least on screen he has, not sure about real life. He was given one more chance to face Santino in a blindfold match and win, he failed to win. I doubt that he is actually fired, this is likely part of a storyline to get Drew back on track. Maybe... Who knows?

Smackdown 20/01/2012 In A Nut Shell SD_648_Photo_103_0

Brian Danielson is still the world heavyweight champion. During his lumberjack match, the lumberjacks randomly got into the ring and started fighting each other. Weird, I still don't get that. I guess it was just something to hype up the Royal Rumble a little more but this happens every year and it's a little cliché. Anyway, Danielson left with the title as everyone else fought in the ring. When Teddy Long caught up to him, he told Bryan that he would be facing both Big Show and Mark Henry in a steel cage match at RR for the title. Cool beans.

Single H
Single H
I'm on a horse
I'm on a horse

https://wrestlingempire.forumotion.net/c1-steed

Back to top Go down