Extreme Wrestling Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catch-22

3 posters

Go down

Catch-22 Empty Catch-22

Post by Kane Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:50 pm

Ok, Catch-22 is somewhat of a famous book so I'm guessing some of you already read it. It's banned in Bahrain, but my cousin managed to find a copy (the cover had a quote on it instead of the title so the book store guys didn't notice it or something). Anyway, if you haven't read it, I suggest you do. Just make sure to forget everything you know about logic, because it defies it in ever sentence. The characters don't even get introduced, two people would be talking and a third person would say something, it would be the first time that person is introduced and you didn't even know that he was in the room. Basically, the writer is a troll. I'm making this topic because I want this book to be the official book of the Brotherhood of Steed. It feels like a member of the Brotherhood of Steed traveled back in time and wrote this book according to stuff people in the brotherhood would do/say. It's like what we'd be like if we fought during World War II (assuming we'd be fighting for the same country). Anyway, here's an example of something I feel relates to the brotherhood, just replace Yossarian with Matt and Clevinger with Chris.

‘They’re trying to kill me,’ Yossarian told him calmly.

‘No one’s trying to kill you,’ Clevinger cried.

‘Then why are they shooting at me?’ Yossarian asked.

‘They’re shooting at everyone,’ Clevinger answered. ‘They’re trying to kill everyone.’

‘And what difference does that make?’

Clevinger was already on the way, half out of his chair with emotion, his eyes moist and his lips quivering and pale. As always occurred when he quarreled over principles in which he believed passionately, he would end up gasping furiously for air and blinking back bitter tears of conviction. There were many principles in which Clevinger believed passionately. He was crazy.

‘Who’s they?’ he wanted to know. ‘Who, specifically, do you think is trying to murder you?’

‘Every one of them,’ Yossarian told him.

‘Every one of whom?’

‘Every one of whom do you think?’

‘I haven’t any idea.’

‘Then how do you know they aren’t?’

‘Because…’ Clevinger sputtered

I'd post more, but I'm too lazy.
Kane
Kane
Giant Squid
Giant Squid

Back to top Go down

Catch-22 Empty Re: Catch-22

Post by Blackout Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:27 pm

Why is it banned in Bahrain?
Blackout
Blackout
Giant Squid
Giant Squid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Jericho Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:55 am

Because it's too big for them not to be too lazy to translate it lol
Chris Jericho
Chris Jericho
Alec Baldwin

https://wrestlingempire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kane Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:58 am

It doesn't need to be translated, the English version (the only one I'm aware of) is banned. It might be because some dude turns atheist (which still wouldn't make sense because the majority of the characters are Christians). It's probably because it's fucked up, and three people died from reading it.
Kane
Kane
Giant Squid
Giant Squid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris Jericho Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:37 am

People didn't die for reading it, the mysterious Steeder that wrote that book simply didn't allow them to live anymore.
Chris Jericho
Chris Jericho
Alec Baldwin

https://wrestlingempire.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:48 am

I agree with Matt, it's a good book and you should all read it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum